The bigger the Abbe value, the lower the chromatic aberration and the higher the probability of visual clarity. In the usa, the application of Trivex as glasses material is continuing to grow in popularity.
Unlike most polycarbonate lenses, Trivex lenses are internally stress-free. Which means that such lenses have a lesser chance of breaking when under great pressure, like from thick frames. For the elderly, lenses with this particular characteristic can be hugely important. Once the skin on the bridge of the nose becomes finer and more sensitive, lightweight eyewear can decrease the likelihood of irritation.
- Partly due Polycarbonate lenses’ longer established position in the eyeglass market, they seem to have greater availability across America.
- Trivex is another lightweight, impact-resistant material for eyeglass lenses.
- If you work with your glasses for indoor reading or computer work, and your prescription level isn’t too high, then plastic works fine.
- But with regular plastic lenses, a lens treatment is necessary for these lenses to block all UV rays.
- Trivex includes a significantly higher ABBE value than polycarbonate, which measures the chromatic aberration, aka clarity, of a particular lens material.
Choosing a small lens size frame may be the biggest determinant of lens thickness and weight! Smaller frames also reduce the quantity of lens distortions/aberrations. As a result of density of the high index plastic-type material it isn’t usually the lightest material though it is thinner. Abbe value is a way of measuring the lens material’s dispersion of light. A lens with a low Abbe value causes an increased dispersion and
Rubbing a dry, dusty or dirty lens with a cleaning cloth or towel could cause scratches, even on lenses with a scratch-resistant coating. An aspheric lens design gives several advantages to eyeglass lenses.
- Should you be more of a standard glasses wearer, you can probably simply use polycarbonate lenses.
- Although more expansive than traditional glass lenses, polycarbonate lenses offer durability, UV protection, and better clarity of vision.
- Lens thickness is measured by the index of refraction – the relative measure of how efficiently the lens material can bend and facilitate light.
Have a look at reviews of Breakline sunglasses to hear what others need to say. High index plastic is thinner and more lightweight, and will often have more options with regard to lens colors and sizes. Trivex is slightly more optically clear and impact resistant than high index. Trivex lenses are slightly lighter, have a higher tensile strength, and may produce sharper central vision and peripheral vision due to their higher Abbe value and lower internal stress.
The UV treatment is easy to put on the lenses and is frequently included with the purchase of eyeglasses.
Most wanted in Hoya Vision:
- What brand lenses does Costco use?
- What is the difference between BrightView and anti-glare?
- Which is better Varilux or Zeiss?
- Hoya Lens Vs Zeiss
- Hoya Identification Chart
- What LED light is best for broken capillaries?
- 1.76 Index Lenses
- Which lens is better Alcon or Johnson and Johnson?
- How do you remove tint from eyeglasses?
- 1.6 Vs 1.67 Lenses