Vision insurance coverage is a valuable addition to any health insurance plan. Regular eye exams and the associated tests can uncover early signs of serious illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, and even cancer. Moreover, corrective eyewear such as glasses and contact lenses are becoming increasingly popular, making it necessary to have the proper coverage for vision care.
At Optical & Vision Care, we understand how important your eyesight is to your overall health and wellbeing. That’s why we provide a range of vision care products and services to help you maintain optimal vision health.
What is Vision Insurance?
Vision insurance is a type of insurance that covers the costs of routine eye exams, prescription eyewear, and other vision-related services. Much like any other insurance policy, vision insurance comes with a range of coverage options that depend on the specific policy chosen.
What Does Vision Insurance Cover?
A typical vision insurance plan covers routine eye exams, contact lens fittings, and eyeglass fittings, with a small copay for each service. Additionally, if you need prescription eyewear, such as glasses or contacts, you can typically receive a discount, which can be very beneficial if you need to purchase new eyewear frequently.
Routine Eye Exams
The most common type of service covered by vision insurance is a routine eye exam. During these exams, an optometrist will check your vision acuity, test for any underlying eye conditions, and determine if you need any updates to your eyewear prescription.
Contact Lens Fittings
For those who prefer to wear contact lenses, vision insurance also covers a range of contact lens fittings, helping to ensure that you are achieving optimal vision with your lenses. Furthermore, it can even provide coverage for specialty contact lenses, which can help alleviate conditions such as astigmatism, presbyopia, and keratoconus.
Additionally, if you prefer to wear eyeglasses instead of contact lenses, then vision insurance will cover this service as well. During an eyeglass fitting, an optometrist will measure your pupillary distance and ensure that your frames are properly fitted to your face, optimizing your vision and comfort.
Proper vision care is an essential part of your overall health and wellbeing, and vision insurance can help ensure that you receive the necessary care. At Optical & Vision Care, we are committed to providing you with high-quality vision products and services, making it easy and convenient for you to maintain optimal eye health.
- Regular eye exams can uncover early signs of serious illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, and even cancer.
- Vision insurance is a type of insurance that covers the costs of routine eye exams, prescription eyewear, and other vision-related services.
- A typical vision insurance plan covers routine eye exams, contact lens fittings, and eyeglass fittings, with a small copay for each service.
Most wanted in Hoya Vision:
- Hoya Identification Chart
- What brand lenses does Costco use?
- Which lens is better Alcon or Johnson and Johnson?
- Should eyeglasses cover eyebrows?
- Why is the coating coming off my glasses?
- Which is better Varilux or Zeiss?
- What does +0.25 mean on an eye test?
- Hoya Lens Vs Zeiss
- Eyezen Lenses Vs Progressive
- Does Costco have 1.74 high index lenses?