Traveling is an exciting experience that brings us to new destinations, cultures and people. One thing that should never be overlooked in our travel essentials list is a good pair of sunglasses. They not only protect our eyes from harmful UV rays, but they also enhance our vision and make us look fashionable.
When it comes to choosing the perfect sunglasses for travel, there are many factors to consider. Comfort, durability, style, and UV protection are some of the most important aspects to keep in mind. Additionally, it’s crucial to select the right lens color and shape that suits our individual needs and preferences.
Factors to Consider
Comfort and Durability
When traveling, we need a pair of sunglasses that will feel comfortable for extended periods of time. Make sure to choose a lightweight design with soft nose pads and temples. Additionally, sunglasses made with high-quality materials such as polycarbonate, titanium or stainless steel will ensure durability and resist damage from impacts, scratches, or extreme temperatures.
UV rays can cause serious damage to our eyes, including cataracts, macular degeneration, and skin cancer. It’s essential to choose sunglasses that provide 100% UV protection, which can be found in glasses labeled as UV400. Polarized lenses are also highly recommended to reduce glare and enhance visual clarity.
Lens Color and Shape
The color and shape of the lens can affect the way we see our surroundings, depending on the lighting conditions and activities we engage in. For instance, gray lenses are great for most outdoor activities and general-purpose use, while yellow lenses can improve contrast and depth perception in low-light situations such as driving at night or cloudy days. Aviator and wayfarer styles are classic shapes that suit most face shapes and fashion styles.
Sunglasses are an essential item for any traveler, not only for fashion but for our eye health and comfort as well. By choosing the right pair of sunglasses with the proper protection, durability, and style, we can make the most out of our travel experience and enjoy the beauty of the world around us.
- Comfort and durability should be considered when choosing sunglasses for travel.
- Choosing sunglasses with 100% UV protection is crucial for eye health.
- Lens color and shape can affect our vision under certain conditions.
Most wanted in Hoya Vision:
- Hoya Identification Chart
- Which lens is better Alcon or Johnson and Johnson?
- What brand lenses does Costco use?
- Should eyeglasses cover eyebrows?
- Why is the coating coming off my glasses?
- Which is better Varilux or Zeiss?
- Hoya Lens Vs Zeiss
- What does +0.25 mean on an eye test?
- Are Costas ANSI Z87 approved?
- Eyezen Lenses Vs Progressive