When planning a hiking trip, one of the most important items to bring along is a good pair of sunglasses. Protecting your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays, as well as dust and debris on the trail, is essential to keeping them healthy and functioning at their best. Not all sunglasses are created equal, however, and it’s important to choose ones that are specifically designed for outdoor activities like hiking.
At OptiVision, we offer a wide variety of sunglasses specifically designed for hiking and other outdoor activities. These sunglasses are made with high-quality materials and advanced technology to ensure that your eyes are fully protected, while also providing clear and comfortable vision.
What to Look for in Hiking Sunglasses
When choosing sunglasses for hiking, there are several important factors to consider:
- UV Protection: Look for sunglasses that offer complete protection from UVA and UVB rays. This will help prevent eye damage and long-term vision problems.
- Polarization: Polarized lenses reduce glare from reflective surfaces like water, snow, and rocks, making it easier to see and reducing eye strain and fatigue.
- Wraparound Design: Sunglasses that wrap around the face offer more complete protection from the sun and wind, as well as dust and debris on the trail.
- Lens Color: Different lens colors can enhance visibility in different conditions. For example, yellow lenses can improve visibility in low-light conditions, while gray lenses can reduce glare on bright, sunny days.
Top Hiking Sunglasses
1. Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Sunglasses
The Oakley Flak 2.0 XL Sunglasses are a top choice for hikers, offering excellent UV protection and polarized lenses that reduce glare and provide clear vision. The wraparound design and lightweight frame make them comfortable to wear for long periods of time, while the interchangeable lenses allow you to customize the glasses to different lighting conditions.
2. Maui Jim Peahi Sunglasses
The Maui Jim Peahi Sunglasses are another great option for hikers. These sunglasses feature polarized lenses that reduce glare and enhance color, making it easier to see in bright outdoor conditions. The lightweight frame and comfortable fit make them ideal for long hikes, while the scratch-resistant coating ensures that the lenses stay clear and free of obstructions.
3. Julbo Explorer 2.0 Sunglasses
The Julbo Explorer 2.0 Sunglasses are designed specifically for mountaineering and hiking, and offer exceptional protection from the sun and wind. These sunglasses feature polarized lenses, an adjustable frame, and a wraparound design that ensures complete coverage and protection. The lenses are also photochromic, adapting to changing light conditions and ensuring clear vision in all environments.
Overall, choosing the right sunglasses for hiking is essential to protect your eyes and ensure clear vision on the trail. At OptiVision, we offer a wide variety of high-quality sunglasses specifically designed for outdoor activities like hiking. Whether you’re a weekend hiker or a seasoned mountaineer, we have the perfect pair of sunglasses to meet your needs.
Most wanted in Hoya Vision:
- Hoya Identification Chart
- Who makes Kirkland Signature HD progressive lenses?
- Which lens is better Alcon or Johnson and Johnson?
- Should eyeglasses cover eyebrows?
- What brand lenses does Costco use?
- Which is better Varilux or Zeiss?
- Why is the coating coming off my glasses?
- Eyezen Lenses Vs Progressive
- What LED light is best for broken capillaries?
- Hoya Lens Vs Zeiss