If you suffer from allergies, you know how frustrating it can be to wear contact lenses. Your eyes may feel dry, itchy, and uncomfortable, which can make it difficult to focus on daily tasks. However, with the right contact lens solution, you can alleviate these symptoms and comfortably wear your lenses.
There are several brands of contact lens solutions that are designed specifically for individuals with allergies. These solutions can help to clean, disinfect, and moisturize your contact lenses, while also reducing irritation and redness in your eyes. Here are some of the top options available on the market:
Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solution
Biotrue Multi-Purpose Solution is a popular choice among contact lens wearers with allergies. This solution contains hyaluronan, which is naturally found in your eyes, and helps to retain and stabilize the moisture on your lenses. It disinfects your lenses and removes protein buildup, too.
Clear Care Plus Cleaning and Disinfecting Solution
Clear Care Plus Cleaning and Disinfecting Solution is another popular option. This solution is ideal for individuals with sensitive eyes and allergies since it is free from preservatives and additives. It uses hydrogen peroxide to clean and disinfect your lenses, and leaves them feeling fresh and clean.
Opti-Free Puremoist Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution
Opti-Free Puremoist Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution is a gentle, yet effective solution for people who suffer from allergies. It uses a unique formula that helps to maintain a protective layer of moisture around your lenses, which keeps them hydrated and comfortable all day long. It also helps to prevent protein and lipid deposits on your lenses.
Tips for Choosing the Right Contact Lens Solution
- Consult with your optometrist before choosing a solution. They can recommend the best option for your specific allergies and eye care needs.
- Read the labels carefully to ensure that the solution is approved for use with your type of contact lenses.
- Avoid solutions that contain preservatives or harsh chemicals that can further irritate your eyes.
- Consider using daily disposable lenses instead of reusable ones. These can help to reduce your exposure to allergens and also eliminate the need for contact lens solutions altogether.
By choosing the right contact lens solution, you can manage your allergies and comfortably wear your lenses without discomfort. Be sure to consult with your optometrist and read the labels carefully to find the right solution for you.
Most wanted in Hoya Vision:
- Hoya Identification Chart
- What brand lenses does Costco use?
- Which lens is better Alcon or Johnson and Johnson?
- Should eyeglasses cover eyebrows?
- Why is the coating coming off my glasses?
- Which is better Varilux or Zeiss?
- What does +0.25 mean on an eye test?
- Hoya Lens Vs Zeiss
- Are Costas ANSI Z87 approved?
- Eyezen Lenses Vs Progressive